TMJ & Sleep Disorder Symptoms
Is Your Sleep Being Affected by Jaw or Facial Pain?
Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders can manifest with a variety of symptoms, and seeking professional help, such as that provided by the TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre of New England, is crucial for diagnosis and effective treatment. Some common symptoms of TMJ disorders include:
- Jaw Pain: Discomfort or pain in the jaw joint or nearby areas.
- Headaches: Recurrent headaches, often resembling tension headaches.
- Clicking or Popping Sounds: Audible noises when moving the jaw, indicative of joint issues.
- Limited Jaw Movement: Difficulty or discomfort when opening or closing the mouth.
- Ear Pain: Discomfort or pain in the ears, often mistaken for an ear infection.
- Facial Pain: Pain in the face, especially around the jaw joint.
- Tinnitus: Ringing or buzzing sounds in the ears.
- Neck and Shoulder Pain: Discomfort in the neck and shoulders associated with jaw issues.
The TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre of New England specializes in diagnosing and treating TMJ disorders. Here’s how we can help:
- Comprehensive Evaluation: Conducting a thorough assessment to understand the specific nature of your TMJ symptoms.
- Personalized Treatment Plans: Crafting individualized treatment plans tailored to your unique needs and symptoms.
- Advanced Therapies: Offering a range of advanced therapies, including orthotic appliances, physical therapy, and lifestyle recommendations.
- Sleep Disorder Solutions: Addressing sleep-related issues often associated with TMJ disorders, such as sleep apnea or bruxism (teeth grinding).
- Patient Education: Providing you with valuable information about your condition, empowering you to actively participate in your treatment.
- Ongoing Support: Offering ongoing support throughout your journey to ensure optimal results and long-term well-being.
If you’re experiencing symptoms of TMJ, seeking professional help from the TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre of New England can lead to effective management and improved quality of life.
Learn more about what our patients have to say
about the TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre of New England
Beautiful experience. My third child, was my first with ties. Dr. Kaplan took his time showing me images of my sons ties and explaining them to me so I understood them more. He also made the atmosphere very comfortable! We had all 3 ties released (tongue, lip, and cheek) done in about 10 minutes. Dr. Kaplan checked in with me about 5 minutes after the procedure and explained everything to me about follow up appointments with lactation and chiro and how to massage my babies mouth post-op. Highly recommend for infant tie issues!
Dr. David is by far one of the most compassionate dentists I have ever met. Dr. David and her team have a thirst for knowledge and are constantly furthering their education. I would highly recommend the TMJ & Sleep Centre of New England if you have any TMJ/Sleep needs.
I have only been for initial exam and consultation, so this review is for that. I love the office. They have great technology and a nice ambiance if you can believe it. Pretty rare to find a dentist with nice views but I had beautiful trees to look at outside the window while I sat in the chair. The tech and dentist were so caring and really listened to me and took their time to make me feel at ease. I have had some less than savory and even traumatic experiences at other dentists , I can say that I feel very comfortable and trusting with Dr David. I think she is a brilliant doctor who really cares about people and looks at the whole picture , not just your teeth. I’m happy I found her and ready to start my treatment plan. This is by far not the cheapest dentist but I only have one set of teeth, so trusting myself to the best.